Cat
(I wrote this yesterday, but did not have internet until this morning)

It took three days of driving and I made it to Santa Fe, NM. I will have to look tomorrow at my speedometer to tell you guys the exact number of miles it took for me to get here. I was very lucky to have friends along the way to stay with so I could save money and not have to stay at hotels/motels. My first stop was in the music city of Nashville, TN. When I got there, my friend graciously showed me the city and we got to see some live country music in a few bars and restaurants. We also went to a dueling piano bar , which was hilarious. These two guys would sing requested songs on there pianos while making fun of the crowd, the music, and themselves.

My next stop was in Kiefer, OK (near Tulsa). My friends treated me with dinner and a movie at their house, which was great. It was so nice relaxing and getting a good meal until the next days drive.

After that, I drove to Santa Fe, NM. It was fun driving across the country, seeing the different landscapes. I drove from VA to TN to AK to OK to TX to NM. I saw everything from the mountains to landscapes so flat that I could see for miles. I thought Tennessee, especially the Eastern part was beautiful. Texas was also a great state to drive through because it was so flat and a bit deserty,. My least favorite state was Arkansas….not much to say about that state.

Driving into New Mexico was a sight to see. The state is so beautiful with its mountains and deserts. As I was going West into the state, the state was flat, but you could see these beautiful mountains in the distance. As I continued driving I saw canyons, rocky out croppings, red sands and rocks… it was so great. I made it to the place that I will be staying for the first month and I am way tired from the journey. Tomorrow, I hope to do some exploring and adjusting in Santa Fe. Then on Sunday, I may head to Albuquerque to visit one of my friends that I met while working at Mercersburg Academy in PA.

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes and prayers for the safe journey. I hope to continue this good fortune in the weeks ahead.
0 Responses